Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info APS becomes unresponsive around 2 PM almost everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllyPen

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
US
I have Seagate Info 7 on Win2K server running on SQL2000.
Recently (maybe just after moving from NT4, SQL 7) to this configuration, Info APs stops responding (cannot connect to) even though it's appearing running as Service. The only way to make it run again is close from Task manager, then restart again as service.

I do not have backup going on on that time. There plenty of space on the hard drive. Nothing unusual happens around 2 PM - in opposite the work is usually done by then and only reports scheduled for future days present. This is the only one APS on this machine. The jobes scheduled remotely from other computers.

What can be a problem?

Thanks in advance!

I would guess that some other process is running at that time, and could even be database related.

A couple of steps is to monitor the server and see what's going on with the CPU, memory, net traffic, etc. Use the System Monitor, or one of a variety of 3rd party tools. You can also check the Task Manager Processes, Networking and Performance.

The good news is that it's at a specific time, so it's very likely another process is getting you, as opposed to the more common *Seagate Trolls* which cause reinstalls.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back