Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Info 7 to Business Objects ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBall

Programmer
May 23, 2001
GB
Hi,
we have Business objects here and have just taken on another business that uses info 7 for its reporting.
We want to streamline things and get all our reporting under one app - Business objects.
Also, no-one here knows Info 7 and we need to change a couple of regulatory reports.
I've just found out that BO apparently took over Info 7 at some time and wondered whether there is a way of transferring the Info 7 reports into BO.

thanks for your help.

Regards,
Graham

For the sake of clarification:

Business Objects the company acquired Crystal Decisions. The tool that is most comparable to Crystal Info 7 is Crystal Enterprise.

Business Objects the application is designed for analytic reporting (reports that require interaction and analysis) and doesn't really compare to Crystal Info 7, which was designed for Enterprise Reporting of 'presentation quality' or 'operational' reports (reports that are pushed out to the end user and don't require interaction).

All of that being said, you can combine various Business Objects and Crystal applications into a single platform. I recommend you contact your Business Objects Account Executive for more information.

~Kurt

Thanks.
I didn't realise it had gone through Crystal as well.

Regards,
Graham

Not sure what "I didn't realise it had gone through Crystal as well. " means.

Info 7 was a Crystal product, now Crystal is owned by BO.

BO has it's own reporting, as well as Crystal, but one would think that they'd eventually nuke the BO reporting and go with the better of the 2 products.

There is no means to convert a Crystal/Seagate Info 7 report into a BO report format at this stage, but you can open a version 7 report with later versions of Crystal.

Perhaps in the future this will exist. Even Info 7 (5-6 years old) offers more scheduling and export functionality than the current BO reporting world, although BO has some nice features that it does not.

As Kurt suggested, contact BO about their version 11 (not yet released) roadmap, it might make sense for you to delay.

-k

>>Not sure what "I didn't realise it had gone through Crystal as well. " means.

Oh, so Seagate and Crystal were the same company - didn't know that either.
Thanks.

Regards,
Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back