Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infinity One Softphone - Mic stops working multiple times a day - users often hard-reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2012
US
Greetings, Folks.

UCx 250 Release 6
Latest/greatest updates run.
Been an ongoing issue, reportedly.

4-person office. Hardwire USB Logitech headsets.
1 person's Infinity One app works fine.
The other 3 people are reporting that after an hour or two of not using Infinity One, they'll get/place a call and find the microphone isn't working.
A hard reload fixes it (Ctrl+Shift+R).

Notably, this office also uses Microsoft Teams with voice/video chats. Teams is not going away. They are a satellite office of a larger corporation, and they use Teams for communicating with their remote coworkers.
In my searching, I found a checkbox within Windows settings called "Exclusive Mode" under Sound devices/settings. Evidently, this setting is for allowing an app to take "exclusive" control of a USB audio device. I advised my contact to have the users disable that, and he reports they all have.

However, three users still report having to hard-reload every couple hours.

The fact that everyone's running the same version of the Infinity One Desktop App, as well as the fact that one user is working fine, tells me this is likely a Windows issue. However, their IT support has seemingly given up.

So, my question is if anyone here has run into this, and if they know of another deep dark Windows checkbox that may be the culprit?

Much Obliged.

E-MetroTel Stocking Distributor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back