Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InfiniteOne mobile app with same extension no. of the deskphone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoJHK

Systems Engineer
Nov 16, 2017
HK
Dear experts,

Is it possibe to have the same extension number for InfiniteOne mobile app and the desktop phone?

I could only use the hotdesking feature to switch my desktop phone to the InfiniteOne while I could pick up the calls from desktop phone.

Any suggestions is much appreciated!

I don't think you can have the same extension on both while both are simultaneously registered. You can work around it by assigning the mobile app a different extension, then enter that extension in the 'Follow me' settings of the desk extension. This will cause both phones to ring when the original extension is called. This setup will require the use of two user licenses. The 'follow me' feature can be used without an extra license if you just want to ring the cell phone's number rather then using the mobile app. This uses an extra trunk channel (or pots line) for the duration of the call, but might accomplish what you want to do without eating up a license. Pay attention to ring timing to get the caller to the correct voice mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back