Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infinite Rings when Skillset EXT is dialed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcrawford71

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2010
US
I'm fairly new to this system. So bare with me while I stumble through this. We just setup our new ACD Call pilot. It was setup by an outside vendor, and administration has been left up to the 1 IT guy here (me) who has little experience with the new system.

I try to dial out to our skillset extensions and I just get infinite amount of rings. Now if an agent is on an ACD call and an external caller calls in directly to their extension, their phones are set to send the call back to the skillset extension. But we've had callers complaining that their calls just ring and ring without ever being picked up. I'm assuming that one or two setings weren't setup or that the vendor just overlooked something. Any ideas? Am I asking the right questions? Do I need more information here? TIA.

Im on a Nortel CP 150/100 system....if that helps.

I dial the CDN from an Internal extension: Rings with no answer.

If an agent is on an ACD call and a caller dials the agents extension, the caller gets a constant ring, with no answer.

Transfers to the CDN work great. But warm Transfers do not?

I've had that happen to me
make sure the dn of the skill set is a ext used on the system
does not need a phone plugged in or even a hard ware port but the system needs the extension number to be valid
I've used a companion dn
after you get that setup reboot the phone system and vmail
this should sinc them back up and when you dial the skillset dn you can get the skillset proper

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back