Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Infinite login

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbarker

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
US
This is a problem I'm having with SQL Server--I last posted a similar plea in a thread of the same name Oct. 11. Ken Hamady, if you're out there, I've tried the suggestions you made in the FAQ sectiion, and nothing his worked. If I save data with the query in this report, it works fine, but if I run the whole report, I get the login window, over and over. The same report works fine in Access, but not in SQL Server.

I wish I could help more.
If you have searched through all of the "looping Login" articles on Seagates Web Site and nothing answers your question, then there isn't anything more for me to add.

Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

If you save data with the query, then the report "works" because it does not need to log on to show the old data it has saved.
Your case is obviously exceptional - call SCR tech support, and get them to work on it for you - they can be quite good. If they can't solve it within 48 hours, you can probably give up on them, and get frantic. Please post the solution though - I'm curious why this doesn't work. Malcolm
wynden@telus.net
November is "be kind to dogs and programmers" month. Or is that "dogs or programmers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back