Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INETCFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladycard

MIS
Aug 24, 2004
US
Hello,

As you can see from my previous post about the ipxrtr I was having problems with the settings.

I checked out the INETCFG on our main server and that utility loads just fine. I checked out on the server I am setting up and it says the file is not there. I am thinking that in my orginal setup of netware I didn't tell it to install all the files I need. Is there a way to add the inetcfg utility without redoing the whole server. Thank you for your help as I am new at setting up a netware 5 server from scratch.

ladycard

You should be able to extract the file from the CD and install it. I think it goes in the SYS:ETC directory, but it might be SYS:SYSTEM.

Iolair MacWalter
Director of IT

as marv says it is installed by default

however from what you are saying - all you are doing is basic ipx or ip binds then i dont see any issue in leaving the commands in the autoexec
inetcfg is fine but can be a bit of a sledge hammer
(afraid it's a program i hate as it was bored to death on it for a 3 day course with netware 3 tunneling)

just set the net address on the bind line - as long as they are the same it's fine - unless they are actually on the other side of a router but then you wouldnt be seeing the message

just change it do something short and try it or leave it at the big horrible number - at the end of the day no -one see it
and it's still working or you wouldnt receive the message

Thanks to all for their suggestions. I can now ping my backup server.

ladycard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back