Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ineliglble print jobs after installing R02 and restarting the spooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

andymac3000

IS-IT--Management
Nov 2, 2004
GB
Ive been testing R02 today with PS4 and W2k3 sp1, and im using only the Universal Print Driver. Print jobs work fine, until I stop and start the spooler service/print manager service. After that the print job prints random icons over multiple pages until I cancel the job.

Im aware of the issue when you stop and start the print manager on its own, and the mapped printers disappear after 5 mins, until you log back on, and that does happen as well, but this is in addition to this

Has anyone else experienced this/have any ideas how to fix it as I need to install this hotfix to fix an EMF preview issue

Thanks

Andy

I just restarted the spooler service as part of testing after applying the patch, as I know its something i'll need to do in a live environment.

The PS4 updates that were on before I applied R02 are PSE400W2K3R01 and PSE400R01W2K3061

Ive applied R02 with these patches on, and also with the patches uninstalled, with the same results both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back