Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indy 9 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

McBugzz

Programmer
Sep 17, 2002
JP
Hi,

I'm having a problem installing the Indy 9 on to the C++ Builder 6. I've followed the steps described in the ManualInstall.txt, but when I try to install the dclIndy60 package, I get an error: Entry point not found. Smth about the missing @Idresourcestrings@_RSBindingAny.

Any clues? Thanx

Did you find the knowledge base?

I followed these step to install Indy 9 and did not encounter any problems.

Code:
How do I install Indy into Borland C++ Builder?

• Close the Borland C++ Builder IDE if it is open. 

• Temporarily copy IDPAS32.obj to a temporary directory.  You do not want to delete that file because it is NOT part of the Indy package. 

• Remove all Indy files including dclindy*.bpl, dclindy.*, dclindy*.bpl, indy*.lib, id*.pas, id*.hpp, id*.obj, and id*.dcu. Take care that you only remove the old Indy files and not something else. Be sure that you also remove any indy*.bpl from your Windows\System32 directory. 

• Restore IDPAS32.obj from the temporary directory you created earlier to the directory where it was originally located.   

• Remove all old Indy Help files, indy.*,  from the Help subdirectory and replace them with the new ones. 

• Place the new version of Indy in a directory of your choice.  When unzipping, please keep the \source directory for the archive intact because that is used by some build batch files. 

• In the source directory, there are several batch files.  Run the appropriate one for your version of Borland C++ Builder: 

• FULLC4.BAT - Borland C++ Builder 4 

• FULLC5.BAT - Borland C++ Builder 5 

• FULLC6.BAT - Borland C++ Builder 6 

• These batch files create subdirectories in the main Indy directory folder.  They are (C4 for C++Builder 4, C5 for C+Builder 5, and C6 for C++Builder 6).  These directories contain: 

• The Indy .DCU files 

• The Indy .HPP files 

• The Indy .LIB file 

• The Indy .OBJ files 

• The Indy Design-Time .BPL 

• Open the Borland C++ Builder IDE. 

• In your C++Builder IDE, add the Indy design-time package with Component|Install Package...|Add...  Go to the subdirectory where the Indy .DCU's and Design-Time .BPL was placed by the batch file.  Add the Design-Time .BPL that is listed.  It usually is named dclIndy followed by the Borland C++ Builder version and an 0. 

• Add the path where the .DCU's are located to your environment.  Do this with Tools|Environment Options...|Library...|Library Path... 

• Add the path where the .HPP's are located to your project. Do this with Project|Options|Directories|Conditionals|Include path. Check the box Default and click OK to save this setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back