Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Individual Fix required then why whole fix pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

polani

Instructor
Jun 4, 2003
CA
Hello

I dont know why IBM has changed options in Fix central , but the way it is changed , introduced challenges for end users.

For example , my TL/SP was at 6.1-09-01 and when i installed bos.cluster.rte , now it has become 6.1-09.00. That is fine , i know that i have to install bos,cluster.rte 6.1.9.1 to bring SP back however the problem is where to download this single fix / fileset. Fix central does not provide any option to do that.
Now i already have TL09-01 on my laptop , but it shows bunch of U817xxx.bff . The whole pack is 6GB and i dont want to spend hours and hours to transfer this whole SP to server.

Is there any way to find out exactly which bff corresponds to my required fileset ? Any easy solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance

Here comes polani Once again!!!

you can put the TL you downloaded into a directory on an AIX servers. From there, you can do the following:

Code:
bffcreate -c -d /directory/where/TL/is

Then you can run your inutoc. the -c changes the image names to package names.

Regards,
Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back