Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Individual Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

guycable2

MIS
Apr 16, 2004
US
My system
CM6.3 with SIP 96xx phones
SIP trunks from CLINK no ISDN or POTS lines connected.
CM serves approximatley 280 different sites

I'm trying to figure out a good way to change the outbound caller ID on a few sets on a per site basis.
We have a small group of people that make outbound calls but don't have voicemail and should receive direct calls. I would like their outbound caller ID to be displayed as the main number for the site.

I know I could do this in the adaptation of Session Manager but I'm thinking it may be better to do in the CM.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your time.

I know there's a new adaptation in SM that let's you override name display, but it's pretty broad and applies to the whole sip entity.

What you're looking for is in the public unknown numbering table. You can specify strings of extns and outgoing clid on a per trunk basis.
That means you might need to verify how many trunk groups you have from CM to SM as you would only want to send that CLID for a certain type of call out to the PSTN

Thanks for the input.

Any idea how many entries are allowed in the public unknown numbering table?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back