Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indexes will not backup on Networker 7.3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crono

Technical User
Feb 24, 2006
US
Hi all,

We are using Networker 7.3.2 on Win2003 here in the office. Over the weekend we noticed that our Save Group responsible for the full backup of all of our data failed. Taking a look deeper it appears that our data got backed up but the indexes and bootstrap did not. The same thing happened with Monday's backup as well. I took a look in EMC Powerlink and could not find any answers. I'm hoping someone here has experienced this issue and can provide some assistance? If the indexes failed to backup does this mean the data that was backed up is useless?

Thanks in advance!

-C

No - the date will be usable but the consolidated backup of the NW databases failed.

As these save sets live on the NW server, i do not believe that it is incapable to backup itself. Most likely, there is a problem with the pool or the storage node setup for the server's client because these save sets must be backed up by a local attached device.

If none of these things apply, run "savegrp -v -O -G groupname" (index and bootstrap backup only) and look for more details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back