Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Index out of range error

Status
Not open for further replies.

nesuser2

Technical User
Jun 3, 2005
US
I imported some new mibs and have been having a heck of a time recovering from the import. They were arris mibs, thanks arris! However, I am curious if anybody can help me rectify an issue. On various types of devices, I now get:

1.3.6.1.4.1.4998.1.1.20.2.7.1.2.204.125.55.59.153.140: Unknown Object Identifier (Index out of range: 204 (cadIfCmtsCmStatusMacAddress))

This is always when the OID is setup with the mac address in the OID in decimal format. 204 is the first part of the Mac being A4(if I remember off hand without converting). I first thought I had an issue with a new vendor device only to discover that other equipment off this same equipment was working fine. I have narrowed it down somewhere around 112/113 range which hasn't helped me narrow it down. In hex that is 70/71. Anyways, I am sure there is some sort of mib definition file that breaks down the basics but mibs have certainly mystified me for some time. I can fix a few parsing errors and keep things afloat but this one has certainly been a fun one with no solution just yet.

Any and all input in welcome, no tomatoes just yet!

I actually get this in several different brands of devices so it seems like it has more to do with more of a global mib that is effecting them. I look at the arris mibs that this device has issues with and ubiquiti is the other vendor and none of them seem to be linked based on the error message. Unless it is something like IF-MIB generic to both of them. Is there a option in net-snmp where it would dump more data. i found some backups of my mibs where I am able to get rid of this error temporarily...still curious. Thanks for your input!

I was looking for something that would show some additional output like debugging. The stuff that I found seemed to be either no info or total overload, and nothing seemed to mean anything at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back