Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

INDeX IPNC to IPO VoIP WAN Link

Status
Not open for further replies.

GettingIPO

IS-IT--Management
Jul 28, 2004
ZA
I am trying to set this up, but in the monitor, my H323 says unknown address. It was working in the following scenario: IPNC to LAN to IP Office to WAN into IP Office. I took out the middle IP Office and now the VoIP will not work

Any Ideas??

A lot. But therefore you need to give more details about IP addresses, VPN lines, shortcodes, INDeX routes and maybe more....

Right here I go:

INDeX: string analysis is 84 use route 6, route 6 says as dialed over IPNC trunk group
IPNC: SC 84N TN 84N TG 2
IP line set to remote IP Office IP Address
IP routing table says 10.0.1.0 should go over CTCT service

The WAN link is up and working and there is full communication

Do you need more details?

You say the WAN link is up, can you connect your PC to the LAN1 port of the IPNC and ping the IP Office?

The link is up, I can remote desktop pc's on the other side, ping the IPO, the call status and monitor both pick up the IPO

So you can reach the IPO via TCP, does the IPO recognize the VCM card? Do you connect from IPO to LAN1 on the IPNC, LAN2 doesnt work over WAN.
You can trace both IPO and IPNC with SysMonitor, select only interfaces packets in and packets out. Check that when you setup a call that both devices can communicate.
Another thing could be your shortcode.
Try changing it to :
SC 84xxxx, were the xxxx represents the number of digits to send, TN = .(send all digits) TG2
Maybe only changing the shortcode will do.

The funny thing here is I took the X21 cable off my local IPO and plugged it onto my ipnc, thus going IPNC direct to remote IPO instead of IPNC to LAN to IPO to IPO.

It was working perfectly before that, Hence my short code should be right, my IP trunk should be right, and my VCM is working. The only things to change are my IP route and my service, and harware.

What software level is the IPNC?
Is the WAN service of the type syncPPP?
It has to do with the WAN link in the IPNC.

Can you send me the configs of the IPO and IPNC then i will try to rebuild it in my lab tommorow.
fm34832@tiscali.nl

IPNC = 3.3
Wan port is syncPPP

Have to go to bed now it is 12:41am here, will tackle this again a bit later, If you have any further ideas I am keen to hear them otherwise thanks alot for your time and help

The plot thickens, my remote site can make a VoIP call to me, but I cannot make it to them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back