Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Index Backup (/nsr/index/machinename)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrdPrefct

Technical User
Oct 18, 2001
US
Hello,
I use Legato on several differnt machines, and never had a problem with this before. I do similar backups on another set of machines and do't have this problem there either (2 seperate Legato servers - seperate libraries, etc.)

At any rate, here's my problem:
I recently added an NT machine for the purpose of MSSQL2000 to the backup. I configured it like I did the other setup, and it's backing up the database appropriately. In addition to backup up the databases, it also backups up "/nsr/indes/machinename". First of all, I don't know why it does this, it doesn't do it on my other Legato setup, and second, that file refuses to recycle by itself, so, if I don't remember to manually recycle it, things don't get backed up.

What's the problem? Any way to fix it? I've checked all the settings and can't figure out the problem.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back