Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

indesign specific font related problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRZ

Technical User
Mar 17, 2003
NL
how come that some fonts which are displayed correct in other adobe programs, but aren't displayed in indesign. Or some fonts (like microsoft sans serif) only have a regular setting and not a bold setting. (while they do have these settings in photoshop and illustrator)

How can I change these settings or is their a work around

thx

InDesign won't fake a typeface...in other words, if you don't have a bold or italic version of a font installed on your system, the application won't fake it.

There is a reckless workaround: add a stroke to the text to make it bold.

It is best to have the font variations installed.

- - picklefish - -

well the funny thing is that their is a bold version of the font I want to use in photoshop, M$word and illustrator, however this option for this font is NOT in indesign.
That I don't get, (cause the fonts are installed on my system)

Try quitting ID, finding all occurences of adobefnt.lst on your computer - - and deleting them. This will rebuild your font list when ID starts again.

- - picklefish - -

Indesign ver 2 works well on my G4 operating on system 9.2, if I switch to system 10.2 all the submenus and pallettes are in japanese not english. The main menu bar across the top of the window is english as well. Any ideas on how to correct this.

How about a new thread?

What OSX version are you using? 10.2.6?

What ID are you using? 2.0.2?

- - picklefish - -

I am using OSX version 10.2.6 and ID 2.0.2

prcam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back