Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indesign+Powerpoint Import

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcel

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
DE
Hi folks,
how can I import PowerPoint sheets to Indesign 2.0? There was a similiar question in December, but I haven´t found an answer. Perhaps it´s impossible.
Walter

I do this by printing the PowerPoint presentation to a virtual postscript printer as an EPS file (one for each slide). You could also export from PowerPoint as a PDF to more quickly place in InDesign. I just like to export individual EPS files so that I can easily reference them in other projects.

You may find yourself doing a little tweaking in Illustrator to repair the bogus bullets that Microsoft Office tries to create when you spit out postscript.

I guess PDF would be the quickest solution? - provided you just want to output them and have no further changes to make. But if you'd have each slide sheet to remain editable in InDesign... Really don't know @_@

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back