Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign lost shortcuts....

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinskin

Vendor
Jul 18, 2007
GB
Hi All.

I am a publishing Designer and settled down to work tonight to find that 2 of my most used shortcuts in InDesign do not work. I have a feeling that it is an OSX problem and not just InDesign as the problem seems to be happening in both CS2 and CS3.

Basically when I'm laying out spreads, I use a shortcut of "spacebar/cmd/alt" which accesses the zoom tool - once I let go the keys the cursor reverts back to whatever tool I was in initially. The second which is missing is when I press the alt key it accesses the move hand tool so I can easily move the pages (scroll) around the screen - again when I let go the key it reverts back to the tool I was in before.

It's really frustrating and I don't know what I've done to change it.
Can anyone please help me before I go insane!!!

Drew

...under edit > keyboard shortcuts, what set is being used, the default?

...have you tried deleting the preferences from the users preferences folder?

Andrew

...also if i remember correctly it is the space bar that accesses the hand tool, much like photoshop...

...the alt/option key is a quark feature for the hand tool...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back