Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indesign links to illustrator/photoshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

garykford

Technical User
Feb 26, 2008
GB
I am currently working in indesign using an indesign book with links to illustrator which has linked photoshop images within. Recently someone had the bright idea to make a change to our file structure into which this is all saved, thus resulting in lost links. The main links lost are the photoshop images within illustrator, is there anyway to that illustrator can retain its links even though the path has changed resulting in the indesign file having the correct links updated. If anyone could make sense of this I would very grateful. Thanks Gary.

On the links panel choose Embed.

The file size gets bigger, but you no longer need the formerly linked photoshop file (don't delete it though)

Check this puppy out, this should save you future linking problems, in that it remembers when and where each file was used, and you track moved files etc.

I can't use the embed option because the image needs to maintain the link, as different people (authors and illustrators) will be editing the files at different times.

Well then, just set up a folder on a server that is solely for the images, I'm sure IT guys could set the folder up so only 1 person can move things from it, but everyone can move things onto it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back