Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign-Illustrator Conflict when Edit Original 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyBird

Technical User
Feb 8, 2005
US
I am having trouble when working in InDesign and use the "Edit Original" to open my illustrations in Illustrator. It will takes me right to them, I can work on them, and I can save them.
The problem comes when I go back to InDesign. The preview of the art is still there, but the link is broken. When I investigate the broken link, the eps file is gone--deleted somehow. I am on a corporate network, so I have back-up, but it is becoming very trying to do the work over.
Has anyone else come across this? Do you have a good solution?
Here is what I am working with: InDesign CS (v3.0.1)and Illustrator CS (v11.0) on a PC with Windows XP.

Your assistance is much appreciated.
WendyBird

I've had problems with eps in Illustrator.Once you edit them they get corrupt. Try saving it as an ai file and importing that instead. If your printer insists on eps files, then I suggest having 2 files. Make edits in the .ai file, do a save as and make an eps, then import the eps. I know it's a pain, but better than corrupt files, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back