Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indesign Data Merge to Multiple 2-page PDFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdubbie

Technical User
Apr 24, 2008
US
Basically what I need to do is create 300 customized documents (based on personal company information) and Export them to a PDF so that I may e-mail it to each one. The document must be two pages, the first page has the personal information (and will differ with each document) but the second page will be exactly the same on all of them.

Can someone please tell me how I can do this in Indesign, or if not Indesign, Acrobat?. I have tried running a test with the Data Merge system in Indesign. (I created a .CSV file with 2 columns; Company Name and Company Product and took 5 five companies from the master list to test.)

After the merge, all the fields populated correctly but I wound up with a 10 page .INDD document. What I need now is every 2 pages to be exported as 1 PDF file.

Is there is an easier way to do this? And if not in Indesign, is there an easy way to extract 2 pages at a time in Acrobat?

Thank you very any help, much apprceciated,
kdubbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back