Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign CS5 Export to PDF, photos missing from several pages ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SebastianStudios

Technical User
Oct 25, 2006
US
I am creating a 160 page document in InDesign CS5, and when I export to PDF, several of the pages are dropping photos that appear on individual pages.

How do I resolve this issue, so that I end with a complete PDF file, containing everything that is in the InDesign document?

As always thanks in advance for your Help,

Sebastian

...what pdf format are you exporting too? are you using spot colors anywhere with transparency and then flattening to acrobat 4 pdf 1.3?

...this will turn spot areas white in acrobat (depends on the version of acrobat reader your viewing in), until you turn on overprint preview in acrobat. The white areas are actually the spot colors in this scenario.

...otherwise, if it's not that of above, then try just copying the problem images into a new document, test export and see if they work...

...if you need a work around, also try printing to postscript a test page and distill in acrobat distiller to PDF, see if that works.

...without seeing the file it's tricky to problem solve, you can also try saving the problem images out into another image format.

andrew

============
============

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back