Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign CS3 Find and Change Glyph palette won't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzfar

Technical User
Jun 12, 2006
US
Hello

I have a "big book" that will have hundreds of pages. I need to change the curly quote symbol out to the double straight line quote symbol. I have tried to use the glyph palette to change these, but it will not work. It finds the curly quotes fine, but it SAYS it made the change, but it did not replace with double straight lines.

Any idea how to make this work? Other Glyphs it works fine for.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Look in the preferences for "Typographers Quotes" or something like that.

There is a preference that will change straight quotes for curly one's. So uncheck that in the preferences then make your changes.

...have you tried the "Find/Change > Text" instead of "Find/Change > Glyph" section...

...in the "Find/Change > Text" area you have categories for this change in the special character search options, a sub menu in the "@" symbol, click on that...

...in there you have "Quotation Marks > Any Double Quotation Marks"...

...for the next entry in the "Change to" field, it is the same again, but choosing "Staright Double Quotation Marks"...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back