Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

InDesign CS2 - Text layout 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjandrews76

Technical User
Jul 8, 2005
CA
I am really new to InDesign (3 days). Converting from FrameMaker as we need a glossy Guide with lots of graphics. Can anyone tell me the best way to lay out text using Side heads. In Frame you could set it on the Paragraph Designer, Pagination tab, in the Format box. We want Heading 1 and Heading 2 to extend to the left of the body text. In this white space, we plan to put tip boxes that extend part-way into the body text, which should wrap around it and Definitions boxes that will float in the white space.
Should I use columns - and if so - how do I get the headings to straddle them? Should I use a separate text frame for the Headings and just make sure they are the same size each time for consistency? What is the most elegant way to do this?
Should I just use one big text frame and styles to indent the body text?
Thanks!

How about if everything but the heads had a style sheet with a left indent set?

I was able to do what you described using anchored text frames in the InDesign CS2 demo. This seems to be a new feature to CS2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back