Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indesign CC to acrobat wont' bring up 'cannot embed' fonts warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikky0000

Technical User
Jan 12, 2009
Hi,
Using win 7 professional, ID CC.
In past, I was using ID CS6. When converting file to PDF (using acrobat XI pro), it would give a warning that certain fonts cannot be embedded. That was nice because then I could either use another font or decide to create outline.

In Indesign CC, I don't get the warning. I don't know if the setting is in Indesign or using acrobat XI pro to activate it.

Thanks.
Nikky

Are you using any fonts that you know are not able to be embedded? You won't see a warning if your fonts are fine.

You can also open the PDF file in Acrobat and check/confirm which fonts have been embedded (CTRL-D).

HI thanks for reply.
the font is called J.D. font.
in acrobat, with CTRL-D, in fonts tab, it shows not embedded (others show 'Embedded Subset').

I still remember, that in a previous version of Indesign, it would tell you certain font cannot be embedded.

So I wonder if that setting is in Indesign or Acrobat.

Well at least i know cntrl-d allows me to go into PDF to check. But would be nice if warning came up in Indesign.

Thanks. Nikky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back