Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Indented BOM in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

DDY

Programmer
May 26, 2003
US
Has anyone successfully exploded a multi-level BOM in Crystal?

I am wondering the same question of Has anyone ever done a multiple level BOM in crystal? Please let me know what you found out!

I have done this in Macola but not Mas90. However I think the approach would be the same.

You will need to perform a self join, also known as an alias, joining the components of the top level to the parents of the next level. You will need to do this for whatever the maximum number of levels deep your bill is.

Put the top level parent item in details a, the next level in details b, the next in details c, etc. Format the secions to suppress if no children are found.

This takes some time, but it works. If you want to total anything, that is another story.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back