Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incrementing a script variable to get call counts

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDabbs

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2003
US
I have a script that opens a voice session and prompts a user to press 1-4 which then either routes a call to another number or queues the call to a skillset. What I need to find out is the number of times per day/week/month callers are choosing the various options. Is there a way to increment a variable using READVAR/SAVEVAR that would give me a running total for each of the key presses? I realize I would actually need to increment 4 different variables depending on the number (1-4) pressed. I'm running SCCS V7.0. I've been through the online manual numerous times and the information/syntax available on the commands is vague and sparse at best.

The easier way would be to have the menu in the master script and then each key pressed would go to its own application for routing. Then the application calls offered is equivalent of the number of times a caller chose the specific option. Would that work in your scenario?

Yes, effort1584, it will definitely work. I spent about 9 hours on this yesterday and stumbled upon that very solution. I meant to post this morning that I had finally figured it out but it completely slipped my mind. Thank you for the response to my post.

Richard

I often need to capture "counts" and it can't always be this easy. I use Wild Call Variables to store the numbers and then use a script called TeleCom to read them back to me, or use HDX to write them to SQL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back