Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incremental Search Fox Version 2.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

keepingbusy

Programmer
Apr 9, 2000
GB
Hi all

Tried a search on the forum for where I can find how to create an incremental search using FoxPro Version 2. There are several for 2.6 but obviously the wrong version. Any suggestions where to look please?

Many thanks
KB

Alone we can do so little, together we can do so much

Hi advancepack

Is this the popup window? If so, I'm actually looking for something similar that's available in Version 6 (Found this on the Microsoft Website)

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for replying
KB

KB,
Are you talking about in a Browse window? The way to do it was JKEY.PLB, but I can only find versions for 2.5 and 2.6, any reason you can't "upgrade" to FPD 2.6a?

Rick

rgbean

The app is old and was written using V2. Soon, the whole app is being upgraded to V6 but this is just a short term measure as the size of the database is increasing (I know there are many ways of searching but the incremental method beats all!!)

rob444

Many thanks for the link, will post back soon

KB

Try this

use customer
define window customer from 0,0 to 20,80 in window screen font 'arial',8 title 'Customer Database F2=Serach'
move window customer center
ON key labe F2 do CustFind
browse window customer noedit
ON key labe F2
release window customer
RETURN

function CustFind
define window CustFind from 04,40 to 07,80 in window screen font 'arial',8 title 'Find..'
activate window CustFind
@ 0,0 get VarFind pict '@!' default space(40)
READ
release window CustFind
count while upper(company)#allt(upper(VarFind))
RETURN

Hi advancepack

Thanks for the code which works ok. This is a good way of doing a search but I'm still after the incremental search for fox version 2.0 if in fact its available. I know it's straight forward in visfox 6 and higher, so maybe we'll just wait until the upgrade goes ahead

Many thanks again for your time (and patients!)
KB

Hi KB

Still you are looking for incremental search for v2.0. I don't have V2.0 but I think above code should work with V2.0 if not let me know ? will try some other way.

Hi advancepack

The code does work (after a slight amendment). The actual thing I'm looking for can be found at Microsoft's Knowledge base Article Q166378: HOWTO: Simulate an Incremental Search from a Text Box

This only works in version 5 or over so perhaps you could take a look at that and tell me if thats possible in version 2?

Thanks again
KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back