Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increment Control Source of text box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ksquared

Technical User
Mar 24, 2002
AU
Ive got my self into a corner. My user form has 30 + text boxes which populate their Conrtol source, and its all good. BUT...
when it comes time to add another item (with its own text box) to the user form in between two existing textboxes, the Control sources will be out of sync.
SO i'm trying to find a way to incremennt all the text boxes AFTER the one that has been added, by one, so they are back in sync again.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Please explain WHY you would be adding a textbox on the fly.

What Application?

What kind of form?

Please answer each of these issues completely.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

Not sure that the Op is necessarily talking of adding a Control on the fly, simply adding one to the Form.

The part about 'the Control sources will be out of sync' actually sounds like they're speaking of the Tab Order for the Controls, which would be disrupted.

If that's the case, the change has to be made in Design View, and while it could probably be done via code, instead of going to the Tab Order window and adjusting it, if this is a one-off thing code is probably an overkill.

The Missinglinq

Richmond, Virginia

The Devil's in the Details!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back