Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing the functionality of my e-Business Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbdw6708

Vendor
Jun 22, 2000
US
I developed a portal for Supply Chain/e-Business initiatives. I wanted to ask what I could do to increase the value of the website. Should I change the format, should I add graphics, should I add more to the Tools category. Any advice would be appeciated.
regards
dave waters

- Standardize your fonts. It doesn't look professional with mix fonts. Maybe Arial or Verdana.
- Too many words, I won't read them all. Use graphics for categories/sections.
- Make a nicer logo.
- Change your Copyright message (still showing 2000-2001).

regards,
- Joseph
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Watches ~ Jerseys ~ Pen ~ Handbags ~ Clothes
-- How E-Commerce Transforms The World --
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

hi,

As such the site looks simple and okay

Here are my suggestions:

1. Change the font to Arial, Verdana or Sans Serif.

2. You can change the layout and get the help of a good designer for better readabilty and rivetting the visitor.

3. Instaed of Full listing of news and research you can do Mouse over dropdown menu for quicker navigation and better look and feel. E.g. Broad menus can be News and Research (or anything you feel important) Over News the drop down menu will be Supply chain E-business, business, tech news etc and mouse over or click Supply chain will show Electronic news, logistics etc.

Hope the feedback will help you

All the best

ITphile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back