Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing Space on the MML server

Status
Not open for further replies.

awall1974

MIS
Apr 29, 2008
US
We recently increased the size of our drive on the MML server to a terabyte. We did this hoping that the "first in, first out" recordings would stay in the system at least 30 days. The problem we are seeing is that on the application database, under logger servers, we are still seeing the online capacity set to the old file size of 345 gb. I would like to increase this to the TB we now have available, but the field is grayed out even when loged in as niceadmin and in technician mode. Is there a config file somewhere that needs to be modified? I can see where this parameter is set during the initial install but, I would hope there is a way to adjust this otherwise. I've had ticket open with NICE on this since 8/5 and still haven't even after received a call back several escalations . Any help would be appreciated. Perform 9.1

I suspect you will need to rebuild your screen logger db. When you do the install of the screen logger you specify the database size. At that point the tokens are built (these are the physical files you can see on the harddrive). I'm not aware of a way to increse this without rebuilding your screen logger.

Maybe try backing up the entire server and then re-running the logger install and see what happens if you specify a larger database. I'd assume if rebuilds all token files but you might be lucky.

awall197,

Does this issue get resolved? what did you do?

Thanks

I found out after 4 weeks of having the ticket open with NICE that the MML can only be expanded to 500gb. To increase this would mean having to wipe out the current MML and rebuild it with the new storage size. We opted to move the 1 tb to the Storage Center Server and create a rule that would store screens for 30 days and delete on the 31st. This seems to be working so far. In a total recording environment we're storing about 30 gb a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back