Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increasing 32K PCode size limit within a function

Status
Not open for further replies.

4glCrusader

Programmer
Sep 14, 2005
US
Error Received:

Error number -4451. The size of the PCode generated from this function has exceeded the 32K per function limit.

Environment
4GL 7.30
IDS 9.30
HP-UX 11.11

We utilize both the compiler and RDS environments. RDS is used exclusively to generate the PCode needed for using the 4GL debugger (Priceless).

Background on problem:
We have a function that contains about 3000 lines which controls the edits for a fairly sophisticated user data entry screen. We've ripped everything out of the function outside of the core INPUT ARRAY ..... END INPUT, but we're still running way too close to the 32K limit for comfort. Once we exceed that limit, we can no longer create the PCode file required by the debugger :*( Unfortunately, the remaining contents within the INPUT ARRAY ..... END INPUT section don't lend themselves to being relocated to another function.

We're hoping that there's a way to increase the 32K PCode limit through some type of configuation setting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks
[afro]

Sorry I cannot help, I just have a question because I can't figure out how to use the debugger...

So my question is : can you explain to me how do you use the debugger ??

I use RDS 7.x, IDS 9.x on an AIX system.

Thanx in advance, if can then help you :)

The 'fgldb -V' command will display the current version of the 4GL debugger installed on your server. If it's unable to locate the command then the debugger probably isn't installed on your server. If it isn't, I highly recommend you purchase it. It's a great programmer productivity tool. If it is, please review the link provided 'olded'. You may need to alter you compilation process to create the pcode (.4gi) file required for debugging (not really a big deal). Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back