Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increase DB level for Analog phones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 18, 2004
IN
Need help with the DB level of Analog phones.
I have a number of Call centre agents using Analog phones, they have continously complaning of Low Volume levels on all calls....

Can you please tell him how do I amplify the customers Voice?

The outbound trunks are ISDN PRI and have been set for max DB level by the service provider... I tried the digital loss group settings, but am confused do I put in a +ve value to increase DB level or -ve value ??

please help!!!

Try to enable the Off Premises station to y on page 1 of the Analog Extension and make sure the voice mail message night work after changed.

ii8206

There is a way to change the settings for a type of phones but I haven't been able to find it so far. I will continue to look. It seems to me it was something like 'change parameters 2500'

Da-vi'do

P.S. For the best response to a question, please read FAQ222-2244. Also give the type & version of your voice mail & pbx system & preview your post to make sure it is complete & understandable. Be aware that if u don't answer a question, I usually will not continue to help u. Please leave a post on how u fixed the problem too.

I have done the command'change terminal-parameters 6400', but I think that is a Avaya command.

We are using Avaya G3r system.

I have tried "change terminal-par..." but it works only for a few type of phones does not work for 2500.

will changing Off Premises Station to Yes wil help?They are actually very much hanging from the Analog cards of system.

It sounds like that ii8206 (ISP) thinks that it would. I wonder if changing it to a 8101 or some other analog station? Maybe their parameters are different.
Avaya Tier 3 might be able to change the parameters.

We are using Dial pads with headsets, they are from Plantonics and GN netcom...

Try a Avaya phone and see if u have the same problem. U might have a compatibility problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back