Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Increase all strokes by 1 pt? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetcow

Technical User
Oct 20, 2008
US
So I've got an illustration I did. In it, some strokes are 1 pt, some 2 pt, some 3 pt. I'd like to increase them all by 1 pt. Is there a way to do this? Or do something similar to it?--that's the equivalent in function? thanks!

Well, I'm not sure.

But if I were to do this, I'd draw 3 lines out on the artboard.

1pt, 2pt and 3pt

Then I'd select the 1pt line

Select>Same Stroke Weight

Increase the size

and do the same for 2pt and 3pt lines

Delete the new lines and you should be done.

Another way of doing this, is creating a shape, and scaling the shape and text together. You can usually guess pretty close if not exactly to the right font.

Changing the point size on 1, 2, and 3 point lines has to be done in reverse order -- change the 3pt first, then the 2, then the 1. Otherwise I think all your lines will wind up being 4 points.

Ha, very true indeed. Funny there's another thing I have to do in reverse order that is nothing to do with this, but you'd think I would have realised?

Of course if you did do them from 1pt, 2pt, 3pt etc. you could always Lock them by pressing CTRL (CMD) 2 and that way they won't select when you choose the next set of strokes.

And just keep locking the different weights as you go through them.

I'm sure there are other ways too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back