Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incound SIP call to 500v2 to send out over BRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takst3r

Vendor
Aug 10, 2011
ZA
Hi Guys,

I have a IPO Server edition 9.1.2 with SIP trunks connected to an IPO 500 V2. I can call extension between the two. Im trying to call externally from the IPO Server edition via the bri on the IPO 500 V2.

The call does reach the IPO 500v2 but complains that it cannot find user.

I have created a short code
code - 7N
TN - N
feature - dial

On the IPO 500 V2 I created an incoming call route for the SIP trunks from the server edition

BC - any voice
LGI - line group of the SIP trunk coming from the Server edition
destination - 7N

When making a call from the Server edition to the 500V2 to route externally over the BRI I get an error 404 not found.

So I take it that its looking internally on the 500V2

From the 500V2 i can use the short code 7N to dial over the BRI.

Not sure what I am missing.

Can someone please help.

Why are you connecting the two together using SIP and not Expansion/H323 setup?

| ACSS SME |

I have no server licenses on the server edition. Also the IPO 500V2 is release 8.1.79.

I'm only using the IP 500V2 for my outbound trunks - That is its only use.

Im busy testing the following " " and I think I got it working just need to test outbound calls to confirm.

So if you have any scenarios I could try and get outbound working from the IPO 500V via an inbound sip trunk sending 10 digits I appreciate it.

Kind Regards

On the 500 an ICR with the incoming line group of the *** URI with incoming number blank and . (Just a dot) as destination :)

Amriddle01,

Im assuming I need to set the local URI , contact etc in the SIP line to *** and then configure the ICR to that line group id with destination ..

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back