Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect version of DLLs on remote machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

apchambers

Programmer
Jul 17, 2003
GB
Does anyone have a solution that will check the installed dlls and install if required? I have tried the help given by Microsoft but cannot get it to work.

I am creating a demo program written in Access 2000 which I have packaged into a setup program. As part of the program I need to have several dlls installed, most notably MSAD015.dll and MSADOX.dll. This is all fine if the target machines have the same version as me. However if they do not have them installed or have a different version then it does not work. I have tried sending the dlls as part of the package and installing them as part of the setup. I cannot get this to work as they seem to be required themselves for my solution.

I would ideally like to send a .mde file rather that a .mdb however any solution I can find requires that the model be recompiled after adding the dlls.

Can anyone give me some pointer as to why the below does not work

Function CheckReferences() As Boolean

Dim ref As Reference
Dim AttachFile As String
'progdir = "C:\TESTITREFERENCES\"
On Error GoTo Err_CheckReferences

With Access.References

.AddFromFile progdir & "msword9.olb"
.AddFromFile progdir & "msoutl9.olb"
.AddFromFile progdir & "comdlg32.ocx"
.AddFromFile progdir & "mscomctl.ocx"
.AddFromFile progdir & "mscomct2.ocx"