Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect time in Outlook 2003 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken101

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2003
US
I am having a problem that I can't resolve and any help would be appreciated.
I am running Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. All of the computers and servers on the network display the correct time, but outlook thinks that the time is one hour earlier. A message sent or recieved at 10AM gets a time stamp of 9AM. This causes scheduled Email delivery to be one hour late. Reminders seem to be triggered at the right time, so the only problem seems to be the Time stamp on the messages.
Has anyone else seen this problem?

I've seen this before.

In outlook, go to tools-options, and then to calendar options, then time zone.

Make sure the time zone settings there are correct.

Thank you for the help.
I did find that in Outlook the automaticaly adjust for daylight savings time was unchecked. When I checked the box in Outlook (the box was already checked in Date & Time Properties in Windows XP) it changed the time stamp on the messages, but it also changed the clock in Windows XP by an hour.
I reset the clock in Windows and rebooted and everything seems fine.
This has only appeared since we changed to Outlook 2003. Now I have to go to each client to fix the problem

I am also having this problem.

Has anyone found a group policy setting that controls the timezone settings for XP or for Outlook 2003?

I have not :(

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back