Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect reply email address on meeting requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

itechaust

Technical User
May 1, 2012
AU
I have shared access to my boss's calendar with full access rights. When I send a meeting request from this calendar to Outlook users their acceptances are sent from my email address and mailed back to the boss's email address and all is ok.

Recently I opened my boss's calendar and sent a meeting request to an internal user who does not use Outlook. He receives all communications on his iPhone 4S. When the invitee accepted the reply was sent to microsoftexchange@ followed by a lengthy string of numbers. Consequently the boss didn't receive the acceptance.

Can anyone shed any light on how to overcome this problem please?

Internal user who does not use Outlook?

That sounds like the problem.

Hi Zelandakh - it's not a problem but a new way of communicating with staff in the field. These guys don't have PCs - just iPhones.

Hi 58sniper - they don't use OWA. Responses are sent when they accept the invitation received in their Exchange mailbox on the iPhone.

Could be an iPhone config issue.

Turn up calendar diagnostic logging on the Exchange server and see if it helps you.

Zelandakh (MIS)
7 May 12 2:39
Could be an iPhone config issue.

Turn up calendar diagnostic logging on the Exchange server and see if it helps you."
Thanks for the tip. I've poked around in ES but can't find this.

58sniper - we don't want our field staff to use OWA if we can avoid it. The process of constantly logging in is too time consuming.

I didn't say have them switch to OWA. Have them TEST using OWA to rule out a client issue. This would be normal troubleshooting steps.

Do you have your Tek-Tips.com Swag? I've got mine!

Stop by the new Tek-Tips group at LinkedIn.

Look in the console and you'll see diagnostic logging. Scrool down and find calendar.

I've browsed everywhere in the console and can't find diagnostic logging. When I searched the help I got the page below telling me to use the management shell. I ran Get-EventLogLevel and scanned the result but there wasn't an entry for calendar.
DiagnosticScreenGrab.jpg

(I hope the link to the picture works. It's the first time I've shared a an image via our DropBox account.)

Thanks for the tips. I still could not find Manage Diagnostic Logging Properties so I checked our version of Exchange Server and read the info of the technet page you recommended. We don't have any service packs installed!

I will pass this on to our external IT tech who is responsible for updates and get that resolved before trying to take this thread any further. So I may not pester you on this one for a few days. [bigsmile]

You ain't pestering...you're learning.

Latest service pack is service pack 4 for Exchange 2007. Get that on there asap. Then there's a roll up after that which you should put on. Rollup 7 from memory.

Then after that is on, run windows update and get that done to death too.

Then a reboot after all of that.

And take a backup FIRST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back