Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incorrect Painter serial number

Status
Not open for further replies.

judil

Technical User
Feb 21, 2005
US
I have a Painter 4.0 cd which I have been trying to install in my imac (DV, graphite) which is booted in OS 9.2. The software was an upgrade from Painter 2.0. When I purchased it, the company gave me a serial number for it; as they said the old Painter 2.0 serial number would not work with it. I had installed it in an earlier mac (Performa 5200) with no problem. It installs fine on the iimac, but when I try to open it, I get a message that I have entered an "incorrect Painter serial number". This is the exact serial number that comes up on the "About Painter" screen on the old computer; also I have it written down in two places, so I'm sure this is the right one. (I also have the old one from Painter 2.0, which doesn't work either). I have the program saved on an external hard drive and have just copied it to the imac, but some of the features aren't working, which is why I wanted to do a new install.
I contacted Corel, but they don't have any information on the old Fractal software.
Any ideas?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back