Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect Page Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueark

Technical User
Apr 16, 2002
IE
I'm having trouble RIPing a PDF file, and I was wondering if anyone could help. When I open it up in Acrobat Reader, at the bottom of the screen it says it is 7"x8.5", which is correct. When I go to File > Document Properties > Summary, it says that the page size is actually 11"x11", which is what size it RIPs at.

I don't have the original file (it was created in FrameMaker, which I don't have anyway). Is there any way of correcting the Page Size in Acrobat?

A PDF file hase a Mediabox and a Cropbox. In your case the cropbox is 7.0" * 8.0" and this is what you see in Acrobat Reader. The Mediabox is for your file (according to your print-out) 11" * 11".

The Mediabox is the actual size of your media or in other words the papersize. The cropbox is what Adobe shows on screen. It crops the mediasize to the visual size.

You can not change the Cropbox/Mediabox with the Reader you need the full version with some extra plug-ins (like Enfocus PitStop Pro) to do this. You can however change the boxes using a Hex-editor and change the values for the Medaibox but be very carefull for changing the offsets for all objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back