Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incorrect page numbers after empty subreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

okon3

Technical User
Jan 4, 2009
US
Using Crystal 2011 ver 14.0.9
I have a report that creates forms for patients to fill out at a doctors office pulled from an Oracle DB.
group 1 - selects the physician - displays physician name
group 2- selects the appointment time - hid
group 3 pulls appointment ID - contains group header that is suppressed on pagenumber < 2
details section A has a subreport that pulls data on the last time paperwork was filled out creates and update shared datetime variable that is used to suppress printing of unneeded areas of report below.
details section B-M are all text Objects that are suppressed by a combination of the above data elements (physician, appointment type, last date filled out, etc)
details section N resets the shared variable

The report runs great and page numbers are correct when the first record is pulled and printed or the previous record was printed.

However when there is a lunch appointment or other scheduled absence appointment ie filtered/suppressed from printing. The page numbers of the next appointment are all listed as page 1 - so the page heading is not printed.
If I drill down into the report using print preview, the page numbers are correct and the heading prints on the appropriate pages.

For example Dr Smith has 5 appointments
7:30 pt appointment Michael Knight
8:00 meeting
8:30 Breakfast meeting
9:00 pt appointment Austin Powers
9:30 pt appointment Daffy Duck

Michael Knights paperwork prints perfect - appropriate page numbers and header printing on all but first page (3 pages total)
the 8:00 and 8:30 meeting are suppressed by criteria matching in the details section - perfect
Austin Powers paperwork prints correctly but the page numbers are incorrectly marked as page 1(one), no page headers (3 pages total)
Daffy Ducks paperwork prints perfect - appropriate page number and header prints on all but first page (2 pages total)

When I print preview and drill down into the Austin Powers paperwork using the groups tree on the left - the new tab that opens containing this drill down has correct page numbers and page headings on appropriate pages.

Actual printing does not have correct page numbers.

I've switched all of my Suppress (no drill down) selections to Hide (drill down OK) and that has not helped my situations.

Any recommendations would be appreciated
Tom

I'm guessing you're using the "Special Field" of page number. Try creating a formula and incrementing it at the bottom of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back