Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect Machine name 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexJhb

MIS
Dec 13, 2001
ZA
I have loaded Arcserve R15 onto Windows SBS Server 2003 Premium.
It also has Sp2 loaded. I have the matching Arcserver SBS Premium and have loadeed the license which agrees. So I should have the SQL and the Exchange clients included.

When I go to select I can select and back up any file except the exchange and SQL. If I click on the client it shows the server instance there but as soon as I click on it, it says "Incorrect Machine Name". I am new to Arcserve but i found a note to check the Domain and Primary server names in the discovery.cfg file. They are correct.
I ahve also used the full login names:
domain\administrator and domain\caroot.
Same error comes up.
Please help as I cannot find much about this issue.

This same question was posted on another forum, for the benefit of others here it is in short form.

The failure does not make much sense. SBS has everything at the same server. ARCserve Server communicates to the Universal Agent which communicates with the specific data agent, such as SQL, Exchange, Windows Client. This failure would happen at the Universal Agent level so it is expected that the failure would happen for everything and not work for regular data and fail just for SQL & Exchange.

Recommendation was to install SP1 and if it still fails contact Support.

By the way if you have not registered at the CA support site please consider it. They have started a new MyCA page and will be moving all of support into it. The idea is when you login you will by default have access to everything relating to your products.

Solution:
Used IP address instead of machine name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back