Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect CFHTTP response

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksynergy

Programmer
Oct 10, 2007
US
Hello.
I assist a web developer with several real estate web sites that share property images (they are all in the same community). Images are on a server separate from the web sites. I have been using CFHTTP to check for the existence of an image. If I get a 200 OK response, I write out the full path to the image on the remote server (e.g. If I get a 404 response, then I display a message that says an image is not available. The distinctive part of the file name is always the MLS number that is attached.

Recently one page getting the most recent listings has been returning a 200 OK response for each image name even if there is no image with that name found. I can send a name that doesn't match the pattern of the image names on the server (e.g. and get the correct 404 response. But if the image name is constructed correctly, I get back the 200 OK regardless.

I can't determine what would cause an incorrect response when a possible name isn't found, but a correct response (i.e. the 404), to a file name that is simply made up.

Does anyone have a suggestion or idea about what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back