Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incorrect Boot Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boondy

Technical User
Jan 1, 2003
AU
I recently built a server with Win 2003, the server refused to boot from CD so i had to run WINNT from the CD, after booting from a floppy. The server has a SCSI RAID controller, so i had to install a single SCSI disk and format the drive, so that setup could copy the temporary install files. I then installed the SCSI RAID drivers during setup and installed the OS on the SCSI RAID. The problem is that setup installed the OS (windows directory) on the SCSI RAID and called it E:, but the Boot partition has been isntalled on the signle SCSI disk, and called C:.

Is there any way to transfer the boot partition from the current C: to the E:, and then change the drive letter from E: to C:.

I have tried copying the boot partion, and changing the boot.ini to point to the correct disk number, however this hasn't worked.

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back