Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

incorrect Account Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge07

MIS
Oct 20, 2003
CA
I have one domain with 2 DC connected over a wan link. I can replicate in one direction but not the other. When i Run replication monitaor i get the following error:

The Target name account is incorrect.

Neither DC hasrecently been promoted. Both have been in production for over two years.
I have tried to run repadmin /syncall with no sucess. Any suggestions would ge greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Check Kerberos for errors. Also take a look in your Event Logs for an idication on what is failing.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Anyone find a reasonable answer for this when the secure link is failing?

If you are getting Kerberos errors you may need to remove one DC and bring it back into the domain, but the first step in troubleshooting it (after verifying that DNS is setup correctly) is to use the KerbTray Resource Kit utility to delete the Kerberos tickets. They will get reissued automatically.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back