Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

inconsistent viewports?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmorrow

Technical User
Jan 16, 2006
US
I am working on a set of construction documents and have several sheets set up with 20 or fewer viewports on each. The problem that I am having is that at all times there is at least one if not five viewports that do not display the contents despite the fact the "display viewport object" option is checked yes. The contents will reappear by re-checking the "yes" under "display viewport object" (even though it's already checked yes) but the glitch there is that anytime I get one to reappear, another one somewhere else on the sheet disappears. I can't seem to find any logic in this problem, has anyone had a similar problem before? Considering that maybe my file was too big I tried separating sheets into different files to create smaller ones, that didn't seem to have any affect.
Any help is appreciated,
thank you

check this setting
MAXACTVP
look it up in the autocad help for more info
it controls the number of viewports that actively display, appearently has no effect for plotting
max value of 64
if you have more viewports than this number (MAXACTVP) the additional viewports will not display.

Kevin Petursson
--
"Everyone says quotable things everyday, but their not famous... so nobody cares."... Some Person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back