Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inconsistent responses from CFLDAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarrySteele

Programmer
May 18, 2004
US
I've been using CFLDAP for managing logons for six or seven years now and it's been working quite well.

We just launched a new intranet site that's being used by considerably more people. Most have had no problems accessing. Some people have had problems accessing and we couldn't identify why. This morning I received an email from an employee who had problems yesterday. He tried later and got in. Logged out and tried logging back in and was unable.

What I'm suspecting is that we're having some sort of response time problem querying CFLDAP. I'm thinking maybe the LDAP server is working to respond, and maybe CFLDAP has concluded that there's no response from the server and moved forward through the try/catch and returning an error.

The problem only appears on our production server, and only for this one site that's accessed by many more people than our other sites. So I have to be very careful that whatever I do to trap/identify the root cause does not appear to the users. As described above, we had a user who was not able, then was able, and again was not able to log on. So I don't have a group of users who I can use as testers since they might be able to log on just because they clicked log in at the right second.

I tried Googling and searching here for CFLDAP entries and didn't see anything that matched my symptoms. Any suggestions on how to resolve this will be greatly appreciated. As you can imagine, this is causing a bad user experience for those who can't log on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back