Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inconsistent click on an object

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidman1

Technical User
Jun 9, 2008
US
I have an object on a Crystal Report window that the click event does not work consistently. The object, which is the Print button/icon, receives focus, but the click event does not happen every time. The recorded line of code is as follows:

SwfWindow("Report").SwfObject("SwfObject").Click

I've tried the click event with coordinates and without and I've also tried mapping the object as a virtual object, but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on how to force the click event will be appreciated. Thanks!

(I'm using QTP 9.2 with Crystal Report 11 and a Windows .Net application.)

If it's a Print button - Have you considered mapping the File->Print option and clicking that print button?

Might work easier...

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Thank you for your reply. If I'm understanding you correctly, there isn't a File menu on the Crystal Report window (at least the way we display it).

Keyboard shortcut (Ctrl-P) might cause the print dialog to appear.

Failing that, not too sure how you can get around this. If you find a better solution, be sure to post it for the rest of us... [smile]

Cheers,
Dave

"Yes, I'll stop finding bugs in the software - as soon as you stop writing bugs into the software." <-- Me

For all your testing needs: Forum1393

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back