Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Inconsistency between CAS and ATT bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zu56

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US

Hello all,
I noticed that some calls that are listed in the phone bill couldn’t be found in CAS reports.
Also the dates and times for the calls are known. I contacted the vendor of the CAS and they could not find those numbers either. Not even in raw data that is collected directly from the switch.
Did anybody ever checked for something like this? Or heard anything?
Thank you

Check the WTN (working telephone number) on the AT&T bill. These calls could be coming from POTS lines and not from the PBX.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work." - Thomas A. Edison

The most likely problem is that the stations are not listed in your Intraswitch CDR assignment screen. To ensure that trunk calls destin to an extension generate CDR information, the specific extension must appear in the Intra-Switch-CDR screen.

To verify that the extensions are listed, issue the [red]LIST INTRA-SWITCH-CDR[/red] command in either GEDI or a SAT session.

-Brian-
Semper Paratus

I had a similar issue with my call accounting. Try looking for something called network correction. This is a timer in the call accounting that will "throw away" a call if it is under a fixed amount of seconds. It will also "adjust" the call duration by this amount as well. The system will throw away a call under this threshold as a ring no answer and adjust the call over the threshold to account for ring cycles.

Hope this make sense
ED

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Thank you everybody.
The thing is that I have this call captured by CAS about a week before the call in question. The first call lasted 20 sec (in CAS and the bill) the second call - 40 minutes and shows in the bill only.
I spoke to the "owner" of the phone - she did not make the call and there is no way someone could be on the phone in that location for 40 min during a workday.
Can the Phone Company make mistake?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back