Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Incomming block list

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrogley

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2006
GB
IP Office 406(2) v 4.2.4 & VM Lite.

We get a number of junk calls in from known numbers. I'm hoping I can create a list of numbers that will route any call from these numbers to a blackhole ...

I know I can do it individually with CLI but I'm starting to get quite a few - so would be better if I could block "enblock" !! :)

TIA

You can if they are all sequential/in a block, if they are totally unique then you will always have to keep adding them to the list :)

Ok ta - so just have to fill up the Incoming Call Route page then :(

If you can't predict what the next number they will call from will be, how could the system know it was them to block it? :)

It's just a list of numbers ... from multiple companies...

I was just hoping there would be a way to get the system to check the "block list" rather than having to create a new ICR for each number - sort of like a Directory entry - but for blocked numbers...

You can probably do it quicker by using Excel to edit the config instead :)

If you have the following numbers you want to bar

You be fairly certain that they this annoying company has this range

so in the CLI part just enter 084462678

This will then block all numbers starting with this as CLI is checked left to right.

| ACSS SME |

Pepp77, the ipoffice does check from the right ROI the left by default.
but there is an option to change this by adding a - in front odd the number.
But better is to use xx on the end of the (for the last two digits)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

They are left to righ Peter, you are thinking of Incoming number :)
Manager said:
· Incoming CLI
This field can be used to match the calling details (FROM) in the SDP header of incoming SIP calls. It can contain a number, SIP URI, Tel URI or IP address received with SIP calls. For all types of incoming CLI except IP addresses a partial record can be used to achieve the match, records being read from left to right. For IP addresses only full record matching is supported.

Isn't this topic about ICR then?
I must have missed a turn somewhere :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It is, but Incoming CLI is the field in question, you are describing the operation of the Incoming Number field :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back